Monday, January 26, 2009

Phoenix, AZ: In the news

'Being well:' Emerald City a wonderful
land of smoothies
Colleen Sparks
The Arizona Republic
May. 4, 2007 01:38 PM

I will do just about anything to avoid the congestion and sore throat that made me sound
like one of Marge Simpson's cranky sisters on The Simpsons for several days last week.
And I'm always up for trying something sweet, so I stopped by Emerald City Smoothie,
4206 E. Chandler Blvd., to look for a tasty, medicinal treat this week.

I felt like a kid in a candy store looking at all the delicious-sounding smoothies with fresh
fruit, chocolate, peanut butter and other ingredients made to taste like banana cream pie,
mocha coffee and even peanut butter and jelly.

I sampled a peanut butter and jelly smoothie that tasted better than anything I've ever
made in my kitchen (which isn't saying much, I must admit).

New owners Scott and Lilly Simpson (no relation to Homer and his family) and former
manager Heila Jefferson hooked me up with a "berry, berry" smoothie with blueberries
and an immunity boost that has lots of vitamins I don't have in my kitchen. All I know is
it tasted good, boosted my energy and came in a size big enough for breakfast and lunch.
I'll definitely try smoothies again as a way to wake up in the morning, grab a quick snack
when I get busy or to keep me healthy so I can get off the couch and avoid watching
reruns of The Simpsons.

Emerald City Smoothie in Chandler, Arizona is open from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday
through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. (480) 706-4900.

No comments:

Post a Comment